The Fundamentals of Faith
Friday September 6, 2019
2 Corinthians 13:5 NKJV
Examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves.
Do you not know yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?—unless
indeed you are disqualified.
God had given us a way to take possession of all he has given us.
1. Why Is Faith So Important To God?
- WE ARE SAVED THROUGH FAITH—”For by grace are ye saved
through faith” Ephesians 2:8
- WE ARE HEALED BY FAITH— “Daughter, your faith has made you
- WE WALK BY FAITH NOT BY SIGHT— 2 Corinthians 5:7
- YOU CAN’T LIVE THE CHRISTIAN LIFE WITHOUT IT—”The just
shall live by his faith” Habakkuk 2:4
- WHATEVER IS NOT OF FAITH IS SIN— Romans 14:23
- WE ARE TO GO FROM FAITH TO FAITH— Romans 1:17
- IT TAKES FAITH TO PLEASE GOD—”Without faith it is impossible
to please [God]” Hebrews 11:6
- FAITH IS PART OF OUR SPIRITUAL ARMOR—”above all,
taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the
fiery darts of the wicked one. Ephesians 6:16
- FAITH IS THE ONLY BATTLE WE’RE TO FIGHT—”Fight the good
fight of faith” 1 Timothy 6:12
- JESUS SAID “HAVE FAITH IN GOD!”— Mark 11:22
- THE WORLDS WERE FRAMED BY FAITH— Hebrews 11:3
- GOD’S PROMISES ARE RECEIVED BY FAITH— “Therefore it is of
faith that it might be according to grace, so that the promise might be
sure to all the seed,” Romans 4:16
Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our
Lord Jesus Christ: 2 By whom also we have access by faith into this
grace wherein we stand.
We are justified by faith
We access Grace by faith
- What Faith Is Not
We can better understand faith by knowing what it is not.
- What Faith Is Not
- Faith Is Not A Get-Rich-Quick Scheme.
It is not a panic button. Faith is a lifestyle. It should be the lifestyle of
- Living by Faith Doesn’t Mean You Won’t Have Tests or Trials.
Psalm 34:19 NKJV
Many are the afflictions of the righteous,
But the Lord delivers him out of them all.
- It’s Not Natural Human Faith
Bible faith is laying hold of the unseen realm of hope and bringing it into
the realm of reality.
Bible faith grows out of the word of God.
- It’s Not Mental Assent
John Wesley said that “the devil has given the church is substitute for
Faith it looks and sounds so much like faith many people can’t tell the
difference. It’s called mental assent.”
Romans 10:8–11 NKJV
But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your
heart” (that is, the word of faith which we preach): 9 that if you confess
with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God
has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart
one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is
made unto salvation. 11 For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes on
Him will not be put to shame.”
Mark 4:16–17 NKJV
These likewise are the ones sown on stony ground who, when they
hear the word, immediately receive it with gladness; 17 and they have
no root in themselves, and so endure only for a time. Afterward, when
tribulation or persecution arises for the word’s sake, immediately they
Mark 11:22–23 NKJV
Have faith in God. 23 For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this
mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ and does not doubt
in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will
have whatever he says.
Joshua 1:8 NKJV
This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall
meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all
that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and
then you will have good success.