1. We Are Facing A Ruthless Enemy
2 Chronicles 32:16–17 NLT
And Sennacherib’s officers further mocked the Lord God and his servant Hezekiah, heaping insult upon insult. 17 The king also sent letters scorning the Lord, the God of Israel. He wrote, “Just as the gods of all the other nations failed to rescue their people from my power, so the God of Hezekiah will also fail.”
Notice that the enemy will always show you that he defeated warriors.
2. We Can’t Do This Alone!
Isaiah 54:17 NKJV
No weapon formed against you shall prosper, And every tongue which rises against you in judgment You shall condemn.
This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, And their righteousness is from Me,” Says the Lord.
3. The Answer Is Worth the Wait
Isaiah 40:29–31 NKJV
He gives power to the weak, And to those who have no might He increases strength. 30 Even the youths shall faint and be weary, And the young men shall utterly fall, 31 But those who wait on the Lord Shall renew their strength;
Wait – Hebrew qâvâh
Strong’s Definitions: ה ָוָק ,qâvâh’; a primitive root; to bind together (perhaps by twisting), i.e. collect; (figuratively) to expect:—gather (together), look, patiently, tarry, wait (for, on, upon).
Isaiah 40:31 NKJV
31 But those who wait on the Lord Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.
4. How To Wait
This famous passage talks about waiting on the very God
• Measures all the waters of earth in the palm of his hand, marked off the heavens, and collects every particle of dust on the earth in a basket (Isaiah 40:12)
• Knows the exact weight of all the mountains, islands, and hills (Isaiah 40:12, 15)
• It is He who sits above the circle of the earth,
• And its inhabitants are like grasshoppers,
• Who stretches out the heavens like a curtain, Isaiah And spreads them out like a tent to dwell in.(Isaiah 40:22)
• Causes earthly rulers to wither with his breath (Isaiah 40:24)
• Brings out the stars each night by calling them each by name (Isaiah 40:26)
• The everlasting God, the Lord, The Creator of the ends of the earth, Neither faints nor is weary. His understanding is unsearchable. (Isaiah 40:28)
John 4:23 NKJV
But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him.
2 Chronicles 5:13–14 NKJV
indeed it came to pass, when the trumpeters and singers were as one, to make one sound to be heard in praising and thanking the Lord, and when they lifted up their voice with the trumpets and cymbals and instruments of music, and
praised the Lord, saying: “For He is good, For His mercy endures forever,” that the house, the house of the Lord, was filled with a cloud, 14 so that the priests could not continue ministering because of the cloud; for the glory of the Lord filled the house of God.
Psalm 145:18 NKJV
The Lord is near to all who call upon Him, To all who call upon Him in truth.