Live By Faith
Sunday January 14, 2024
Romans 1:16–17 NKJV
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek. 17 For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, “The just shall live by faith.”
1. WHY IS FAITH SO IMPORTANT?
What’s the Big Deal About Faith?
Faith is the center of our Christian beliefs. Everything we receive from God is through faith.
– WE ARE SAVED THROUGH FAITH—“For by grace are ye saved through faith”
– WE ARE HEALED BY FAITH— “Daughter, your faith has made you well.”Mark 5:34
– WE WALK BY FAITH NOT BY SIGHT— 2 Corinthians 5:7
– YOU CAN’T LIVE THE CHRISTIAN LIFE WITHOUT IT—“The just shall live by his faith” Habakkuk 2:4
– WHATEVER IS NOT OF FAITH IS SIN— Romans 14:23
– WE ARE TO GO FROM FAITH TO FAITH— Romans 1:17
– IT TAKES FAITH TO PLEASE GOD—“Without faith it is impossible to please [God]“
– FAITH IS PART OF OUR SPIRITUAL ARMOR—“above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. Ephesians 6:16
– FAITH IS THE ONLY BATTLE WE’RE TO FIGHT—“Fight the good fight of faith” 1
– JESUS SAID “HAVE FAITH IN GOD!”— Mark 11:22
– THE WORLDS WERE FRAMED BY FAITH— Hebrews 11:3
– GOD’S PROMISES ARE RECEIVED BY FAITH— “Therefore it is of faith that it might be according to grace, so that the promise might be sure to all the seed,” Romans 4:16
– JUSTIFIED BY FAITH
“Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: 2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand.”
– FAITH SUBDUED KINGDOMS
Hebrews 11:32–35 NKJV
And what more shall I say? For the time would fail me to tell of Gideon and Barak and Samson and Jephthah, also of David and Samuel and the prophets: 33 who through faith subdued kingdoms, worked righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions, 34 quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, became valiant in battle, turned to flight the armies of the aliens. 35 Women received their dead raised to life again.”
Psalm 103:20–21 KJV
Bless the LORD, ye his angels, that excel in strength, that do his commandments, hearkening unto the voice of his word. 21 Bless ye the LORD, all ye his hosts; ye ministers of his, that do his pleasure.
2. FAITH COMES BY HEARING
Romans 10:14–17 NKJV
How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher? 15 And how shall they preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel of peace, Who bring glad tidings of good things!” 16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, “Lord, who has believed our report?” 17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
Faith is the by-product of the Word of God. Notice it says that faith comes by hearing and hearing the Word of God.
– The devil would like to starve your faith.
“Some people feed their bodies three hot meals a day, and their spirits one cold snack a week, and wonder why they’re weak in faith.”
– Smith Wigglesworth
You must feed on the Word of God to be strong in faith. Hear it, meditate on it, speak it, and go over and over it until you feel the substance of faith rise up in your spirit