“Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country.” ― John F. Kennedy
1. GREAT LEADERS FOLLOW
Mark 16:15-18 NKJV
And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.”
Luke 19:10 NLT
For the Son of Man came to seek and save those who are lost.
He sent His only Son out of passion. It was His love for you that compelled Him to make such a deep sacrifice. What a love to be loved with. He wasn’t motivated by agenda, formula, strategy or plan but by pure love.
Matthew 16:24-25 NLT
“If any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross, and follow me.
- FOLLOWER: One who with a leader and aligns his life with the purpose of the leader. –
- SELFISH WAYS: The self-oriented choices a person instinctively believes will get him what he thinks will make him happy.
- TURN: The intentional decision to go a different direction than the previous path.
- TAKE UP YOUR CROSS: Prioritizing the redemptive purpose God created you to fulfill in His plan for your life.
Matthew 16:25 NLT
If you try to hang on to your life, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for my sake, you will save it.
- HANG ONTO YOUR LIFE: you choose to do what you think you want or deserve that will fulfill you and make you happy.
- LOSE IT: Waste your lifetime pursuing what you think you want or deserve only to discover it didn’t ultimately fulfill you.
- GIVE UP YOUR LIFE: Let go of the idea that what you think you want or deserve will make you happy and TRUST God’s direction in your life.
- FOR MY SAKE: Let the mission Jesus lived and died for define the purpose you live for.
- FIND IT: Discover that the most fulfilling and rewarding life, is a life invested into helping others find Jesus.
2.LET’S GO FISHING
Matthew 4:19 NLT
Jesus called out to them, “Come, follow me, and I will show you how to fish for people!”
3. HERE’S YOUR BAIT
Colossians 4:2–6 NIV
Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. 3 And pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ, for which I am in chains. 4 Pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should. 5 Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. 6 Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.
Matthew 25:35-40 NIV
For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’ “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’ “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’