In Spirit and In Truth
Sunday March 10, 2019
John 4:23–24 KJV
But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship
the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit
and in truth.
• To be a true worshipper, you must meet what God calls worship. Not
what your emotions call worship.
• What makes true worship? Jesus gave us two qualifications
1. It must be directed to the Father.
2. In spirit and in truth
• It’s not about your preference, what’s popular, your ministry, etc.
• It has to come from our spirit because God is a spirit
• Bring the Word with you to worship
• He delights to hear His word in your mouth and He calls it worship
• God wants us to worship Him with what’s unchangeable because He’s
• When worshipping in spirit, you have to become skillful at quieting your
mind and focusing on your spirit.
• Worship God with the truth of what he’s already done for you in your life.
• Speak the word from your spirit. Not your intellect.
• Worshipping in the spirit is a skill you’ll need when you face the devil
2 Corinthians 10:5 (KJV)
Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself
against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought
to the obedience of Christ;
Why is God seeking true worshippers? Why was the devil after his
• The one who is worshipped gets to manifest
• God wants your worship so he can move through you to bless humanity
at another level around you
• Worship overflows into manifestation