Happy Fathers Day
1. BUILDING WITH WISDOM
Proverbs 24:3-4 AMP
Through [skillful and godly] wisdom a house [a life, a home, a family] is built, And by understanding it is established [on a sound and good foundation], 4 And by knowledge its rooms are filled With all precious and pleasant riches.
Proverbs 3:19 NKJV
The Lord by wisdom founded the earth; By understanding He established the heavens;
RULES TO TEACH YOUR SON
- Never shake a man’s hand sitting down.
- Don’t enter a pool by the stairs.
- The man at the BBQ Grill is the closest thing to a king.
- In a negotiation, never make the first offer.
- Request the late check-out.
- When entrusted with a secret, keep it.
- Return a borrowed car with a full tank of gas.
- Play with passion or don’t play at all…
- When shaking hands, grip firmly and look them in the eye.
- Don’t let a wishbone grow where a backbone should be.
- If you need music on the beach, you’re missing the point.
- Carry two handkerchiefs. The one in your back pocket is for you. The one in your breast pocket is for her.
- You marry the girl, you marry her family.
- Be like a duck. Remain calm on the surface and paddle like crazy underneath.
- Never be afraid to ask out the best looking girl in the room.
- Never turn down a breath mint.
- A sport coat is worth 1000 words.
- Try writing your own eulogy. Never stop revising.
- Thank a veteran. Then make it up to him.
- Eat lunch with the new kid.
- After writing an angry email, read it carefully. Then delete it.
- Ask your mom to play. She won’t let you win.
- Manners maketh the man.
- Give credit. Take the blame.
- Stand up to Bullies. Protect those bullied.
- Write down your dreams.
- Take time to snuggle your pets, they love you so much and are always happy to see you.
- Be confident and humble at the same time.
- If ever in doubt, remember whose son you are and REFUSE to just be ordinary!
- In all things lead by example not explanation.
2. BUILDING WITH GODLY KNOWLEDGE
Psalm 112:1–3 NKJV
Praise the Lord! Blessed is the man who fears the Lord, Who delights greatly in His commandments. 2 His descendants will be mighty on earth; The generation of the upright will be blessed. 3 Wealth and riches will be in his house, And his righteousness endures forever.
Deuteronomy 6:4–7 NKJV
Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one! 5 You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength. 6 “And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart. 7 You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up.
3. A BUILDING THAT WILL LAST
“I train four years to run 9 seconds, and people give up when they don’t see results in two months.” – Usain Bolt
Genesis 18:19 NKJV
For I have known him, in order that he may command his children and his household after him, that they keep the way of the Lord, to do righteousness and justice, that the Lord may bring to Abraham what He has spoken to him.”
Genesis 18:19 Young’s Literal Translation
for I have known him, that he commandeth his children, and his house after him (and they have kept the way of Jehovah), to do righteousness and judgment, that Jehovah may bring on Abraham that which He hath spoken concerning him.’
It’s a great time to ask “how big is our midlife vision?”
We may feel the best years are behind or maybe we’ve missed the mark. Quite the opposite is the case! Your influence can continue to expand over multiple generations.
Genesis 21:33 NKJV
Then Abraham planted a tamarisk tree in Beersheba, and there called on the name of the Lord, the Everlasting
The Bedouins say, “We plant tamarisks for our grandchildren,” meaning that they nor their children will enjoy the shade, but their grandchildren will.
John 1:1–6 NKJV
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.